February 19, 2011

playing dress up

Fear not, fabulous fashionistas: wear what you dare. Wear what you want. If you find yourself in front of the mirror thinking, "Is this too wild? Too mismatched? Too... much?" then it's time to seriously reconsider why you love fashion in the first place. Style isn't about following the rules or following others. It's about personality and individuality and our favorite icons didn't earn the title by playing it safe. So enjoy the weekend and when in doubt, fear not. You're fabulous.

❝ When I get dressed, I think of it as dress-up time, like the clothes are costume pieces. That’s why I like vintage - it has a story behind it. I’m not afraid of walking down the street in something that people think is crazy. What I can’t stand is looking like everybody else. ❞
Mary-Kate Olsen

1 comment: